Thursday, July 16, 2020

Task 1: Asking for and Giving Opinion


Underlined the expressions of asking for and giving opinion (agree or disagree)!

Dialog 1

Person A              : I’m thinking of planing a company outing next year.
Person B              : I agree. I think that would be perfect.
Person A              : I think it can take place sometime in January.
Person B              : That might be a little too cold for some people.
Person A              : Yes, you are right.
Person B              : What about April? April has good weather, it isn’t too cold or too hot.
Person A              : Yes, that would work out better.
Person B              : You, know, maybe we could create a survey to see how that works for everyone.
Person A              : Good idea! We’ll have to get right on it.
Person B              : Fine! Well, I’ll get right on it now!

Dialog 2


Teddy                   : You know, I think a lot of the problems this country faces come from inflation
Ellen                     : Well, i’m not sure that I agree with u. It seems to me that inflation is only one of our problems. What about unemployment?
Gita                      : You know, I think Ellen may be on to something there. Unemployment is a big problem.
Teddy                   : I’m sorry but I have to disagree. Unemployment is an effect of inflation.

No comments:

Post a Comment